Monday, February 10, 2014

NURSE 3D (2013) Review


Nurse 3D- 3.5/5 Stars

       It's been a while since I've seen a good campy film like this one. Let me start by saying that if you take this movie too seriously, you are going to hate it and probably wonder if I should have my head checked.
     
With that said, let's start with our lead actress, Paz de la Huerta. Paz plays Abby, an extremely attractive, smooth talking, provocative dressed nurse by day, and one crazy ass femme fatale by night. Right away we are thrown into her crazy world as she lures her first unsuspecting victim into her clutches. Abby doesn't like unfaithful men and takes it upon herself to make sure they never hurt their innocent families again. Sounds like a nice lady right? Not so fast.

       Our vigilante femme fatale soon feels her master plan is threatened by a new young nurse named Danni, played by Katrina Bowden (Tucker & Dale vs. Evil), and she is not going to let her ruin it. What follows is a film filled with strong sexuality, violence, copious amounts of nudity, and a very clear message that it believes most men are pigs.
       
       Nurse is sure to split the crowd between the people that can appreciate a movie that doesn't take itself seriously, and the people that just think the whole thing was a waste of their time. I have seen the rating on IMDB drop almost two full points in just four days, so I'm guessing a lot of people aren't going to agree with my love of this truly odd medical murder mystery.
                 
       If you are a fan of films like Single White Female or Swimfan, I would urge you to give this one a shot. There are worse ways you could spend 84 minutes on the couch. The only complaint I have with this film is that the violence was mainly filmed with graphics meant for 3D, so when watching in 2D, it makes it look awful.
     
       Other than to not take this too seriously, my only suggestion to you is to make sure the kids are in bed and for god sakes, do NOT watch this with your parents! Now available via VOD, Nurse 3D gets 3.5/5 Stars in my book. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment